A board meeting agenda does not start from the moment it goes on the air and does not end with the last word of the discussion. It takes much more time to prepare for it, and access must also be granted after the end of the session.
How to Make the Effective Board Meeting Agenda?
To make an effective board meeting agenda, show your personality to keep the other person’s attention. Be as individual as if you were communicating life, or even more if the circumstances call for it. Your energy will attract the audience and set it up to discuss the proposed topics. Listeners will not lose track of the conversation, especially if you contact them directly, asking for their opinion on the issues discussed. If everyone in the meeting gets involved in an active discussion, all issues will be resolved faster and you can discuss more in less time.
The exact format of the board meeting agenda is less important than the fact that you write down all the key information, especially regarding the responsibilities that were assigned during the meeting. Typical elements of the meeting minutes include a list of attendees and a list of those who were invited but could not participate, the start and end times of the event, all major decisions made at the meeting, all tasks assigned to the participants, and any questions that were postponed. to a later meeting.
It is very important to check if you have everything ready for the board meeting. It is better to create a checklist for this. For example, something like this:
- get the confirmation of the time of their speech from the speakers;
- agree to check the connection and collect emergency contacts;
- prepare intermediate slides (greeting, story about you, conference rules, special offers, and a short story about your product);
- prepare a series of letters for the conference day (remind about the event an hour before, 10 minutes in advance, and also send a notification after the end of lunch);
- distribute roles in the team (who will be the moderator, who will be able to throw useful links into the chat);
- make a form for feedback that you will collect from conference participants;
- think over a communication channel with the conference team in order to quickly respond to force majeure.
The Main Components of Board Meeting Agenda
The board meeting agenda indicates:
- the date and time of the meeting, the place of the meeting and (or) the method of remote participation, and in cases of absentee voting – the date before which the documents containing information on voting were accepted, the method of sending these documents;
- information about the persons who took part in the meeting and (or) about the persons who sent documents containing information about voting;
- results of voting on each item on the agenda;
- information about the persons who carried out the counting of votes, if the counting of votes was entrusted to certain persons;
- information about the persons who voted against the decision of the meeting and who demanded to make a note about it in the minutes;
- information on the course of the meeting or on the course of voting, if the participant requests them to be included in the minutes;
- information about the persons who signed the protocol.